We’ve all reached a point in our lives where our confidence has been low. No matter who you are, how old you are or where you come from, we’ve been there. If you are in that place now, you’ve come to the right place! I’ve been there and I know what it feels like. It sucks! So, I’ve compiled a list of ways for you to boost your confidence.
- REFLECT– Why are you lacking confidence? In this type of situation, I find it helpful to reflect. Think about yourself as a person and try to figure out what’s blocking your confidence from shining through you.
- STOP ALLOWING OTHERS TO DEFINE YOU– Let’s be real. All of the media around us and even regular people next to us can have a negative influence on our lives. You don’t have to be considered beautiful (although you are, inside and out <3), or be skinny. Don’t look for acceptance from other people. It starts with you. Accept and love yourself first.
- SET A GOAL– What is something you would like to work towards? Set a goal and work towards it everyday until it’s accomplished. Achievement is one of the greatest feelings ever. You’ll start feeling great about yourself and will want to do more.
- DO SOMETHING THAT MAKES YOU HAPPY– Whether you love to draw, sing, or play sports, whatever it is, keep doing it. Do whatever puts a smile on your face! If you don’t have a hobby, get out there and sign up for activities, you may have a talent you weren’t aware of!
- SELF LOVE- Take yourself as you are. You are beautiful and smart, you just need to believe it. When you wake up, look in the mirror and say “I love you” or compliment yourself! Don’t be so harsh when it comes to judging yourself, no one is perfect.